Friday, August 21, 2009

Five Years


Five years ago, I made one of the best decisions of my life. I said "I will" when Pastor Mike Mathews asked me if I was willing to marry Ryan Zempel. It's been an awesome five years! We've been on safari in Africa, dug up dinosaur bones in Drumheller, Canada, floated in canoes on the Shenandoah 'til we were lobster red, sailed across Loch Ness, traipsed across horse-poop filled backwoods trails of Gettysburg, produced Godspell, bought a house, hosted more than 25 guests in that house, walked across a Broadway stage, explored a glacier in Alberta, hiked around the North Antrim Coast in Northern Ireland, and lots of other really cool stuff.

I'm super thankful for Ryan Zempel.

(I'm also thankful for fun friends like John Hasler, who, knowing my love for all things patriotic and Americana, celebrate with us and left me this little surprise in my office this morning)

3 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger Nate said...

Happy anniversary Heather and Ryan!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love that the note is held up by that magnet/sticker...too perfect.
happy anniversary!!

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Christina Regule said...

Happy 5th Anniversary, Heather & Ryan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home