Sunday, September 20, 2009

Thoughts From the Road


When I walked up the sidewalk to my front door on Friday, I was greeted by a big box...full of copies of Sacred Roads. On October 1, the workbook and leader kit hit the shelves of your local Lifeway store, and I'm praying it gives people some new language, metaphors, and ideas for spiritual growth.

Between now and then, I thought I'd blog some thoughts from the book. The book looks at patterns of discipleship from both Biblical instruction and church history and encourages us to broaden our understanding of spiritual growth. As we explore 2,000 years of discipleship experiments, models, and methods, we learn that there are many roads of becoming-- relational, experiential, intellectual, personal, and incarnational, etc.

Tomorrow, I'll give a general introduction and overview of the study. On Tuesday, I'll talk a little bit about the importance of understanding church history. And for the next six days, I'll talk about the various roads of discipleship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home