Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Goal Review

Every year about this time, I review life goals and set monthly and annual goals. In 2002, I wrote down 100 life goals at the encouragement of Mark Batterson at an Inward Bound Retreat. Over the past 8 years, I've accomplished some goals and added some others. I've never completely struck a goal off the list, but I realized yesterday that I might need to move a few to the "inactive" list. In 2002, I was single and working in the political world. In 2010, I am married and a pastor. It just means my goals have changed a little bit. For whatever its worth, here are a few that I've accomplished:
  • Take fencing classes
  • Establish a new National Wildlife Refuge
  • Produce Godspell
  • Write a book
  • Go on a pilgrimage to Israel
  • Oversee 30 small groups

And for whatever its worth, here are a few I moved to the "inactive" list yesterday. Which means I'd still love to do them, but they are no longer goals I am actively pursuing (since I'm no longer working as an engineer or policy advisor):
  • Walk on the moon
  • Perform on Broadway
  • Hold a cabinet-level position
  • Discover a new species
  • Start an engineering-based missions organization

2 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

I LOVE ALL OF THESE! Thanks for posting them! I MUST start my goal list tomorrow (before 2010)!

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you might enjoy this :) http://www.thingstododc.com/- look under Washington DC Jan 9th.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home