Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Music List

Alright, so I seem to be in the mood for making lists-- must be a Christmas thing. Here are my favorite Christmas songs. I'm not sure why I think anyone would care a bit about this, but it's my blog so I'll call the shots:
  1. O Holy Night
  2. O Come All Ye Faithful
  3. O Come O Come Emmanuel
  4. Do You Hear What I Hear
  5. Hallelujah Chorus (okay, okay. I know it's in the Easter part of Messiah, but I'm going to count it anyway)
  6. The First Noel
  7. Carol of the Bells
  8. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
  9. Sing We Now of Christmas
  10. Christmastime is Here (from the Peanuts)
What are yours?

4 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

While reading your post, you brought to mind what I tell the Kids at Church when I lead them in Worship. I tell them when they grow up and lead Worship THEY can pick the songs! But now I get to!!!! (I do try to pick songs they will like..., honest!)

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

OOH! I love Sing We Now of Christmas! and Carol of the Bells! and Christmastime is Here! I guess I probably love them all! I would also probably say that even though Hallelujah Chorus is in the Easter part of the Messiah, most people are also going to use it in the Christmas portion...see if they do it tonight...

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Sara Kruger said...

O Holy Night is my fave, too! In fact, my eyes started sweating when we sang it in church a couple weeks ago =)

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Best 'fun' Christmas song ever: Holly Jolly Christmas, Burl Ives. Hands down...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home