Sunday, May 09, 2010

A Few Things I'm Thankful For- Mother's Day Edition


Here are just a few things I appreciate about my mom:
  • She always had brownies at my house during the high school-college years, which made my house a popular pit stop for my friends.
  • She ran a daily taxi from school to tennis lessons, dance lessons, youth group meetings, softball practice, piano lessons, acting classes, play rehearsal, and other random extracurricular events.
  • She likes to play video games-- at least those of the Super Nintendo variety.
  • She likes to kayak in Bay Bulls, Newfoundland.
  • She influenced hundreds of kids as a school teacher at Vigor High School and Cottage Hill Baptist School. Many of those kids are teachers today. Others are leaders in academia, politics, business, and ministry.
  • She introduced me to Appalachian ballads, folk music, and Shakespeare at a young age.
  • She took me to my first Petra concert.
  • She let me watch Smurfs, collect Disney movies, go to Mardi Gras, and be a Star Wars fan when everyone else was boycotting them.
  • She kept a sticker for the band Poor Ol' Lu on her teacher book bag.
  • She didn't miss a ballgame, stage performance, or recital. And some of those earned her extra crowns in heaven.
Thanks for being awesome Mom!! I love you!

1 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

Yay Mrs. Sawyer! :) She IS a good mom! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home