Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Miracle in the Mundane

As many of you know, we are reading through the Bible in a year at NCC. It's called From Garden to City, and it's kinda a modified NCC Liturgical Plan. Right now, we are reading through Numbers, Joshua, 1 Kings, and 2 Kings in a series called "Miracles."

A few weeks ago, I knew I would be sharing the weekend message, so I read ahead. And discovered that my section didn't contain any miracles...just land distribution. Yikes!

As I continued to pray and study, however, I realized that the section of Joshua that was the most boring for us to read was likely the most exciting part for those who were actually living the story. There are miracles in the mundane. Here's a link to the webcast.

1 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Looking forward to fast Internet when I can actually hear/see the services. But your comment of land distribution fascinates me as I sit in the east of Congo where land ownership and distribution is one of the strongest reasons for the ongoing conflict in the region and has the capability to incite even more violence this year as refugees return from Rwanda. Can't wait to hear about the miracles in the mundane and see how Congo might benefit too :) Hugs!

Lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home