The New Protege Class
We kicked off the 2010-2011 Protege Class yesterday, and I've already got some favorite moments and memories. Here are just a few:
- Listening to Davey Shepherd tell his story of being called into ministry when he was 7 years old. It is both hilarious and touching.
- Watching the NCC staff cheer, yell, and slap high fives to the new Proteges when they entered the basement of Ebenezers for the first time.
- Playing cornhole with my awesome teammate and former Protege Jenilee LeFors for several unbeaten rounds...only to be outdone by new Proteges Reagan Chaney and Davey Shepherd.
- Giving out nicknames like T-Bone and Kryptonite to Heather Corsi and Diana Fang, respectively.
- Team D singing "Keep Holding On" for the new Proteges-- to make sure they know we will be there for them when things get hard. Special shout-out to karaoke hero Will Johnston.
- Reading the "NCC for Dummies" Manual that our A Team put together.
- Chalking up the sidewalk with Maegan Stout to welcome the Proteges to the Zempel house.
- Watching former Proteges Andy Pisciotti and Jenilee LeFors passing the baton of wisdom and warning. (I could only watch...have no idea what they said!)
- Getting to hear the stories of Travis, Heather, Reagan, Davey, Josh, and Diana.