Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Leadership Year

Each year, I choose a new area for focused growth. Previous foci (yes, I just used the plural of focus) included theology, church history, communication, etc. This year, I wanted to return to leadership. About ten years ago, I was consumed with the topic of leadership, and for that reason, I've stepped back from it quite a bit in recent years. However, as my role at NCC seems to be shifting from leading primarily a team of volunteer leaders to leading a staff team, I realized that my leadership style and goals needed to shift and it was time for a return.

My goal was to read 12 books on leadership. Listed below are the books I read. For clarification, they are not my "Top 13 Books on Leadership." They are just the ones I read this year.





2 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any one in particular that you would recommend?

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Mertzman 1 said...

Heather...I would recommend another leadership book to add to your reading list..
"Lead like Jesus", Co Authored by Ken Blanchard and Phil Hodges.

Check out the website
www.leadlikejesus.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home