Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Spiritual Growth Tool

Thanks to Tyler Jagen from Rolling Hills Christian Church for his link to Seacoast's tool for helping people measure spiritual growth.

It's called the Spiritual Health Assessment, and it is built around their 5 discipleship values: Worship God enthusiastically, Connect with the Church family regulary, Grow in maturity consistently, Serve others unselfishly, and Share their faith effectively. These come from Saddleback's five purposes.

At NCC, we build our discipleship efforts around 4 dimensions of discipleship: Seeker (the spiritual dimension), Learner (intellectual dimension), Influencer (relational dimension), and Investor (financial or stewardship dimenation). You can read more here. We have developed a discipleship assessment that is very similar in purpose (but not nearly as cool) as Seacoast's tool. We are in the process of re-engineering that right now, but I will post it when it's done.

1 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger Heather Z said...

Technically, it is y'all's. :) The map is definitely an experiment. I tend to be more of a linear person. But I don't think that's how I really grow spiritually. I think I started as a learner and then moved to an influencer and then seeker then investor then back to seeker...keep rambling out loud because it helps me!

Hey-- I saw your website! Looked good to me. Are you serious about no links? I removed it. :)

And still looking for good ideas on curriculum. We are trying to put together a curriculum guide here, too. Hopefully I can post that in the next few months.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home