Friday, October 27, 2006

Big Ideas About Small Groups

I'm adding another link to my sidebar-- Big Ideas About Small Groups. It's the online community for small group leaders at Community Christian Church in Naperville, IL, and it's a great resource. I think I'll probably be stealing from them!

We love the guys at Community Christian and the stuff they are doing. In fact, we got the idea to do Big Idea meetings for service planning and programming from them. Check out the book, The Big Idea by CCC Pastor Dave Ferguson.

I want to continue to add links of other churches who are utilizing blog technology to build community and train leaders. Community Christian is doing a fantastic job of that with their site.

Here's what we've got so far:

ZoneGathering (National Community Churchl; Washington, DC)
Creative Community (Calvary Chapel, Fruitport, MI)
Big Ideas About Small Groups (Community Chritian Church; Naperville, IL)

If you know of any other related sites out there, let me know. I'd love for us to be able to learn from one another.

3 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the links....Our church is in the planning stage for a new ministry we're calling "connexions". It's our spin on small groups and I honestly don't know where to begin...this will help greatly!

Thanks again :)

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Heather Z said...

Shannon- I would recommend checking out a couple of books:

Building a Church of Small Groups by the Willow Creek crew

and

Dog Training, Fly Fishing, and Sharing Christ in the 21st Century by Ted Haggard.

 
At 1:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, I will check'em out for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home