Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Christmas 2006


Look at our wonderful Christmas tree!!

Ryan and I are spending our first Christmas in DC. For the past 2 years, we have gone to visit our families in Alabama and Oregon, but Ryan's show prevents us from traveling this time. So-- we decided it was time to get our own Christmas tree.

Now, take a step back to get some perspective.


Yes-- that's the same "tree." Yes-- it really is that tiny. We call it our Christmas shrub. And Ryan wrapped an entire strand of lights around it so it has a bit of a Vegas feel when all lit up.

But let me show you how pitiful it could have looked without the Ryan's horticultural skill:


If it's good enough for Charlie Brown, it's good enough for me.

4 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Heather Z said...

Yeah-- we are trying to figure that out. We think we will be able to push the tree back a bit to clear up space. Otherwise, we will set up the card table!

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Mary Abigail said...

I'm so sorry you will be on your own for Christmas this year. Maybe it will be fun! I'll eat lots of food for you at home in Mobile! Merry Christmas!!!!!

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Casey Mac said...

Great use of camera angle for the illusion of a big tree. It may be a Christmas shrub, but it still looks better than Charlie Brown's tree.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Jill Wyman said...

That is just too cute!! I can't wait for you to meet my parents on my first DC Christmas Heather!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home