Monday, March 12, 2007

Birthday Cake



My friend Jill Wyman is an amazing cake decorator. Although she has taken some classes, she's pretty much self-taught. I turned ancient yesterday, and she made me a witch cake for my birthday.

Yes, she is my friend.

A witch cake probably seems strange, so perhaps an explanation is in order. Growing up, I spent a lot of time at our local community theatre. One of my favorite roles was the Wicked Witch of the West in Wizard of Oz, which I played about 4 times. It was a great opportunity to melt, disappear in a blaze of smoke, and send little kids to the lobby screaming.

This might be my favorite birthday cake since my mom's Mickey Mouse.

1 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Blogger Jill Wyman said...

Ahh, thanks Heather! :) Happy Birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home