Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Random Wednesday: Things I Like

Wednesdays are going to become random post days. These random thoughts always hit me when I need to take a break from writing in the basement of Ebenezers. This particular post started when I looked at my empty coke bottle and thought, "I really like coke in glass bottles. Especially the kind bottled in Mexico."

So here, in no particular order, is a partial list of things I like:
  • Coke in glass bottles, especially the kind bottled in Mexico
  • Afternoons at the baseball stadium with good friends and cheap hot dogs
  • Fishing at Billy Berry's lake
  • Hearing people talk about their dreams and passions
  • Watching people take big risks to pursue their dreams and passions
  • Friends who kick my butt to make me pursue my dreams and passions
  • Fried catfish and fried dill pickles
  • The smell of the backstage of a theatre
  • Midnight movies
  • Playing touch football on Thanksgiving (okay so now we are old and it's more watching than playing)
  • Hiking through the woods, especially when the trail seems to disappear for a stretch
  • Learning new things about science, theology, history, or people
  • Disneyworld
  • Debating just about anything
  • Talking to people about Jesus and getting people excited about reading the Bible for themselves
  • Skipping rocks across a lake
  • Capture the flag with water guns
  • My Gran's pies- specifically the cherry one, the chocolate one, and the pecan one. Oh yeah, and the carrot cake

5 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger Rick Womack said...

i like it when the braves beat the nats!

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Heather Z said...

Me too!!

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Laura Mc said...

gran's apple pie is even better than cherry and pecan. the pound cake is the best though (cause you can freeze portions and eat a little at a time).

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Heather Z said...

Laura- I know you are usually right, but you are incorrect on this one. Nothing is better than the cherry pie.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Jill Wyman said...

i still can't skip a rock!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home