Top 10 Reasons for Majoring in Engineering
Ryan and I are currently purging our place in anticipation of a move later this year. Right now, we are targeting our closets. There comes a time in the life of every t-shirt when it's just time to gracefully find its way to the dumpster. A lot of my LSU shirts have made that sad journey today. They are torn with holes and threadbare. One shirt had more holes than cloth.
There is one that is particularly difficult to part with, but it's just time (Mom- it's got a big hole in the front and it's virtually see-through. One more run in the washing machine would probably cause it to disintegrate). It's one of the first t-shirts I bought as a freshman entering the engineering department in 1992. At the top, it says, "The Top 10 Reasons for Majoring in Engineering" and the reasons are listed below:
- I wanted a real major.
- I thought the computers in CEBA were big screen televisions.
- I can't pass without a curve.
- I couldn't get into the monastery.
- Someone had to know how to tap the keg.
- I already had insomnia.
- For the free pocket protector.
- A free body diagram sounded like a good idea.
- I stood in the wrong line at registration.
- I always wanted to drive a train.