Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Women's Retreat

Okay. So I'm thinking about doing a women's retreat in 2008. Yes, I am saying it publicly. This feels a little like June 23, 2006 when I blogged about the Godspell vision for the first time.

I like the idea of Radical Femininity, which I used as the title for my Battle of the Sexes sermon last spring, and it would probably carry the tag line "No Pink. No Fluff. No Crap. Just Jesus."

Now, I just have to figure out a way to twist Margaret Feinberg's arm and Steph Modder's arm to get them to do it with me. I'm not doing a women's retreat by myself. That would be scary.

8 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger Ms. Genevieve said...

Tell me what you need me to do.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Heather Z said...

In the words of the cowardly lion, "Talk me out of it!"

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the tag line! This would be awesome Heather...I'm not talking you out of it :)

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Deneen said...

will you think about opening this women's retreat to women outside of ncc?

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it! Heather - we're not completely final on our title of our Women's Event - Rethink beauty, Rethink success, Rethink strength, Rethink Woman.
Honestly, if we weren't so far into it, I'd steal your tag line...love it!!!!!

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Heather Z said...

Deneen- hmmm, I don't know. I haven't gotten that far in my thinking. :) I guess if there were non-NCCers who wanted to come, we'd certainly be open to that.

Kathy-- when will your event be?

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger LindseyV said...

I am so there!

 
At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do it! Women's retreats are so wonderful for the spirit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home