Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Psalm 119:14

"I have rejoiced in your decrees as much as in riches."

This idea is repeated later in Psalm 119:162: "I rejoice in your word like one who discovers a great treasure." As a kid, I loved finding treasures. When I was six, I visited my cousins in Oklahoma. They were all much older than me, but my aunt had kept a lot of their toys. When I discovered their superhero action figures and sports toys, I thought I had hit the jackpot. Last year, I went home to Mobile to clean out my childhood bedroom, and I found all kinds of wonderful treasures.

For me, it's not just the discovery of the treasure that's exciting, it's also the process of discovery that is exciting.

How often do I open God's word with the same anticipation that it is full of God's treasure for us to find? When was the last time I rejoiced in what I read in God's word?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home