Friday, August 03, 2007

Four Girls at Five Guys

I'm not gonna lie. Five Guys is one of my favorite places to eat. Burgers, fries, and sodas. That's it. Oh yeah, and the big barrel of peanuts to munch on while you wait for your fries to emerge from their bath of peanut oil.

I hung out there last night with my friends Leslie, Christy, and Ruth. When I got home, Bob, one of my small group leaders, was standing outside Ebenezers and asked, "Did you have your Mother Bear thing tonight? Or Big Women thing? Or whatever it is?"

I said, "Um, Bob. You just said 'Big Women.' Not a very good descriptive phrase."

In his defense, he was trying to come up with the phrase "Hungry Mother." Here's the background. These women have been my friends, my co-leaders, my road trip buddies, my cheerleaders, and my butt-kickers for a long time. They were even good enough friends to wear bridesmaids dresses at my wedding. In 2000, we started an annual tradition called "Hungry Mother" because we met up for a weekend retreat at Hungry Mother State Park. In addition to the (almost) annual retreat that is still called Hungry Mother, we also try to catch up about once a month to encourage, challenge, and just do life together. None of us are mothers, but all of us seem to be hungry most of the time, so we just started calling every hang-out time a "Hungry Mother" event. Hence, the "Mother Bear" and "Big Women" confusion.

I also feel I must make it very clear that none of them-- Christy, Leslie or Ruth-- are in any way big. Although after Five Guys, who knows what could happen. I don't even want to begin to think about how that food affected my system last night, but it sure was good!

6 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob is in Big Trouble...

 
At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Special thanks to our Heather, for making a private comment public. And now I'm in trouble with my zone leader. It was an honest mistake Leslie ... a simple slip of the tongue. :)

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Heather Z said...

Oh no, Bob! You said it publicly! That comment was made in the presence of at least 2 other individuals! :)

LOL! I was still laughing about it when I got into the house and had to tell Ryan. I am still laughing.

Leslie, Mother Bear is my favorite. Maybe we should switch to that!

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be careful at Five Guys! In Charlotte, we affectionately refer to Five Guys as Wide Thighs.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Heather Z said...

Thanks for the advice, "Sugar Cookie."

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Regena Sawyer said...

LOL, Heather. You have lived in D.C. for so long, you are now calling soft drinks "sodas."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home