Friday, August 10, 2007

Psalm 119:16

"I will delight in your principles and not forget your word."

This idea of delighting in the Word of God shows up 9 times in Psalm 119 alone. We also see it in the 2nd verse of the 1st chapter of the Psalms: "His delight is in the law of the Lord." I am not only to study the Word of God, but I am to do so with joy. I'm reminded of a scene in the movie Luther when Martin Luther presented the German Bible to Prince Frederick. The Prince's hands shook in anticipation of opening the pages and reading the words of Scripture for the first time. Missionaries tell of people taking Bibles and running with them for fear that someone might take it away from them. How fortunate we are to have Bibles (multiple Bibles) printed in our language, and yet most of them sit on shelves gathering dust. I pray that God would give me a new appreciation and thankfulness for his Word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home