Thursday, September 13, 2007

Psalm 119:26

"I told you my plans, and you answered. Now teach me your principles."

I wonder what God answered to the proclaimed plans of the Psalmist? The answer could have been a "yes," a "no," a "not now," a blank stare, a laugh, or a multitude of other reactions. I've heard before, "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans."

I'm all for goals, plans, and strategies. I truly believe God honors that. However, we always come to a place where we have to leave those plans on the table and recognize that the most important thing we can do is to learn God's truth and apply it. That's why we try to train our leaders first and foremost to lead themselves well and to become leaders worth following. If we follow hard after God, many of the issue of leadership will fall into place.

I think there are some areas of my prayer life where I need to table my plans and focus more on listening to and learning what God is saying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home