Wednesday, February 20, 2008

500

My blog dashboard informs me that this is Post #500. I should probably harness this milestone to say something really witty or profound. But I don't have that much mental capacity right now. I could link to my favorite blogs from the past two years, but I'm not sure I was any more witty or profound then, either.

Instead of looking back and reminiscing on how far I've come as a leader or how far we've come as a small group ministry at NCC, I'm a bit overwhelmed at recognizing how much more I need to grow in my love for God and love for others.

In the book, Static, author Ron Martoia says, "I once heard the eminent New Testament scholar N.T. Wright say he is pretty certain that 70 percent of what he believes is wrong; he just isn't sure which 70 percent." That about sums it up for me, too. Except-- if N.T. Wright is wrong about 70 percent, I must be wrong about 97 percent. God still has a lot of work to do in me.

2 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

Amen on the humility front. And HZ, I think God is using you powerfully with the 3% you got right.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Heather Z said...

Thanks, Ruth!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home