Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Making My Way Through Hogwarts

Over Christmas, I picked up a little book called Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. As I packed for my week vacation in Oregon, I realized I had 4 small groups/spiritual formation books in my bag and decided I needed to throw in some brain candy. I'd seen the HP movies but decided I'd check out the book hype.

Yesterday, I finished Order of the Phoenix. These books just keep getting better and better! I've got to hold off on buying another one though, until I finish up some projects at work and around the house. They are so addicting that I can't stop reading one once I've started.

Why did you need to know that? You didn't, but just thought I'd share.

4 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Patrick Sievert said...

I love Harry Potter! It's pretty much the only non-fiction I've read in the past two years (oh, and the Da Vinci Code).

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger paint_pants said...

"look at all these sinners...." Just kidding. You may have to talk me into reading those. I think the movies are so fun....

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Elaine said...

Addicting doesn't even begin to describe it! Last summer I read the final book in one sitting. One long, all night, supplemented by Skittles sitting. I was going to go to bed, but then I realized I had nothing to get up for the next day (school was out) and I wouldn't be able to sleep anyway!

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Heather Z said...

Patrick- I think you and I are on the same reading plan! Those are the only non-fiction books I've read as well- along with Da Vinci Code. :)

Elaine- we had several people in Ebenezers doing that last year-- all day reading events.

Bekah-- don't even try to talk to me about sin. I know what you were listening to yesterday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home