Monday, January 28, 2008

Reflections From the Road

Hopped in my car today for a week of vacation in Nashville, TN. The trip takes about 10 hours, so it's an easy quick getaway. I'm so thankful for my sister Laura and brother-in-law Casey who always graciously open their home for me when I need a quick escape from the Beltway. And I love getting to see my little baby niece, Ruthie.

Some reflections from the road:
  • A fully charged iPod will keep you entertained from DC to Nashville.
  • Babies sure change a lot in 2 months.
  • The State of the Union seemed pretty bland tonight. I guess it's typical going into an election year. And I was disappointed he didn't mention switchgrass this year (only about 2 of you will understand my connection to that, but oh well)
  • I'm already thinking about Leadership Retreat 2009. I can't shut it off!
  • I saw the final episode of Lost Season 3 last night. Oh my goodness.
  • I did an interview today with Bill Donahue of the Willow Creek Association. He's doing a highlight article on NCC's small group ministry for an upcoming issue of Rev magazine.

4 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger Patrick Sievert said...

Switchgrass... oh, I'm all over that switchgrass...

(I was an agricultural engineer by schooling)

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Heather Z said...

Patrick- I love switchgrass! I'm a biological engineer by training (have we already had this conversation?)

Bush mentioned it a couple years ago in SOTU as a great renewable energy source.

 
At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you finished Season 3. Cant wait for Thursday's premeire. We will have to discuss over Uno's when you get back. :)

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Jill Wyman said...

heather, i remember you and the switchgrass excitement!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home