Reflections From the Road
Hopped in my car today for a week of vacation in Nashville, TN. The trip takes about 10 hours, so it's an easy quick getaway. I'm so thankful for my sister Laura and brother-in-law Casey who always graciously open their home for me when I need a quick escape from the Beltway. And I love getting to see my little baby niece, Ruthie.
Some reflections from the road:
- A fully charged iPod will keep you entertained from DC to Nashville.
- Babies sure change a lot in 2 months.
- The State of the Union seemed pretty bland tonight. I guess it's typical going into an election year. And I was disappointed he didn't mention switchgrass this year (only about 2 of you will understand my connection to that, but oh well)
- I'm already thinking about Leadership Retreat 2009. I can't shut it off!
- I saw the final episode of Lost Season 3 last night. Oh my goodness.
- I did an interview today with Bill Donahue of the Willow Creek Association. He's doing a highlight article on NCC's small group ministry for an upcoming issue of Rev magazine.