Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Leadership is Born Out of Lordship

I'm loving my iPod. I've started listening to a few podcasts while I work out. It's great-- I'm getting discipled by some awesome people, letting some great communicators rub off on me, and keeping in shape all at the same time. Last night, I listened to a message by Pastor Clint Pressley of Dauphin Way Baptist Church in Mobile, Alabama, and his primary point was that leadership is born out of Lordship. Our leadership is entirely dependent upon following Christ and allowing our lives to be shaped and formed by him. We should be leaders who bring peace, receive and give the love of Christ, and are driven by purpose.

It's simple, but it was a great reminder.

Some other folks I'm listening to include:
  • Andy Stanley
  • Craig Groeschel
  • Mark Driscoll
  • Perry Noble
If there are other podcasts you would recommend, let me know.

4 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger evan said...

heres some others.
Mars Hill Bible Church - Rob Bell
Imago Dei Community Podcast

enjoy your blog.
i subscribe to your feed.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Barry Hughes said...

Andy
Craig
Steven Furtick at Elevation Church
Mark Batterson :-)
I also subscribe in google reader

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Your ipod!? It's Ryan's Too you know!

 
At 3:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Triad Podcast with Jason Harper
search "jason harper" itunes podcasts

latest episode:
http://media.ccconline.cc/outreach/step.mp3

 

Post a Comment

<< Home