Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday on the Road

This morning began with a nice cup of chai at Fido- the coolest coffeehouse in Nashville-- almost as cool as Ebenezers in DC. :) I met with some awesome people from Lifeway's Threads. They published Mark Batterson's Chase the Lion small group curriculum last year, and we are exploring some new study ideas. While there, I ran into my old buddy Sarah (Nachtigal) Broweleit. She was one of the first people I met when I moved to Nashville several years ago, and she now lives in Chicago. Crazy running into her.

After Fido, I jumped back onto I-40 for another day of driving. This time, I was back-tracking towards Asheville, NC and Billy Graham's training center at The Cove. I'm dragging some of my zone leaders with me for A Fireside Chat with the Fathers of the Faith event. This morning, I realized it has been a really long time since I've attended a retreat with no responsibilities. I think that last time was Inward Bound 20002. So I'm really happy to be here...with no job other than to eat, sleep, and soak in the wisdom of these fathers of the faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home