Thursday, June 05, 2008

Imaginative Evangelism

We started a new Thursday Leadership Lesson today on zonegathering: Imaginative Evangelism. I've been really convicted lately about the lack of "salt" and "light" I'm bringing to the world. I think began to slowly drift away from the whole intentional evangelistic thing for a while because the four spiritual laws and the two questions and the t-shirts and bumper stickers seemed to be lacking two things: relationship and power. Don't get me wrong, I think the laws and the questions and all those other things were very effective with certain people at certain times when used within the context of relationships and under the anointing of the Holy Spirit. But I just started thinking that perhaps I needed to spend less time on trying to win arguments and more time on loving Jesus. That maybe I needed to spend less time on devising clever evangelistic strategies and more time on trying to be the hands and feet of Jesus to the people around me.

Now, I'm coming back into a season of Romans 14:10, how will they know without a preacher? How do we communicate the Gospel in ways that are Biblical, compelling, and in the language of our hearers.

Some books that have really been helpful to me recently include the following:

Just Walk Across the Room
Reimagining Evangelism
Evangelism Outside the Box
Static
They Like Jesus But Not the Church

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home