Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sunday in Nashville

What a great day! Obviously, I've decided not to unplug. At least not today. :) We started this morning with a dedication of Eowyn Ruth McClure at her church, Two Rivers Baptist. That's Pastor Jerry Sutton, proud parents Casey and Laura, and little Ruthie.



Then, almost equally important, my regular pilgrimage to Corky's BBQ. I love Corky's BBQ like Mark Batterson loves Lou Malnati's Chicago pizza. Look how happy I am!


This was my meal. Pulled pork stuffed baked potato. Oh my goodness. It was so good!


Once that cleared my plate, I returned home for a well-earned nap (it takes a lot of energy to eat that potato!). Then, Lindsey Appiah came over. Lindsey was an NCCer for 5.5 years, where she led small groups, led worship teams, went of missions trips, served the community, etc. So good to connect with her and hear about her new life in Nashville.

We made a run to Opryland Hotel to take in the botanical gardens and grab some Christie Cookies. I love Christie Cookies a lot, too. More than moonpies. Yes...more than moonpies.

Tonight, I ate wings and fried dill pickles with some good folks from The Peoples Church in Franklin. I met their small group pastor, Alan Pace, a few months ago at a gathering of small group fans at Willow Creek. We talked small groups, digital discipleship, and online church campuses.

I caught about 5 minutes of the Tony Awards. Can't wait to watch the whole thing when I get back to DC.

Here's the absolute best part of my weekend: hanging out with baby Ruthie!


Tomorrow, I'm back on the road towards Asheville, NC. I'll be live blogging from the Fireside Chat with the Fathers of the Faith event.

2 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger Christina Regule said...

Yes, I'm sure Baby Ruthie knows that Auntie Heather is her "fun aunt!" :-)

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Heather Z said...

Well, I'm also her only aunt...so I'm the most fun by default. But yeah, I think I'm pretty fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home