Sunday, January 04, 2009

Sermon References

So...as I reflected on my sermon during the jump between Union Station and Georgetown today, I realized I made references to the following:
  • A quote from Star Wars: Phantom Menace
  • A quote from the movie Miracle
  • A quote from the movie Gladiator
  • Military analogies
  • Sports analogies
I think for my next sermon I should endeavor to make references to ballet, baking, and knitting...though I'm not sure I would know how to reference any of them. Oh well, my guess is that Paul would have resonated with warfare and sports.

6 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I put in a request for a reference to "purple fire-extinguishing dragon-slaying porcupines?"

 
At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can totally see it...Paul, the apostle saved from an apron-wearing and scarf making lifestyle!

 
At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the star wars quote is one of my favorites---used it a lot when i was youth pastor

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger paint_pants said...

be sure not to cast your purl before swine (hehehehe...)

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Heather Z said...

...groan...

to Bekah's joke. :)

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Erin said...

I can help you with some ballet analogies if you need some :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home