Thursday, March 26, 2009

What's Challenging Me Today, Part 2

“Now everyone who competes exercises self-control in everything. However, they do it to receive a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. Therefore I do not run like one who runs aimlessly, or box like one who beats the air. Instead, I discipline my body and bring it under strict control, so that after preaching to others, I myself will not be disqualified.”
- Paul, 1 Corinthians 9:25-27

"I generally pray two hours every day, except on very busy days. On those days, I pray three."
- Martin Luther

“The great danger is not that we will renounce our faith. It is that we will become so distracted and rushed and preoccupied that we will settle for a mediocre version "of it. We will just skim our lives instead of actually living them.”
- John Ortberg

“Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”
- Abraham Lincoln

"Too many Christians today have half-formed imaginations."
- Ian Bradley

"If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are just fooling yourself and your religion is worthless."
- James, James 1:26

2 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"God is always trying to give good things to us, but our hands are too full to receive them." -Augustine of Hippo

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Am I just living the American dream with Jesus sprinkled on top?" Sandra Unger

 

Post a Comment

<< Home