In the fractured fairy tale Into the Woods, composer Stephen Sondheim contemplates the structure of life and the value of its moments. If life is the sum total of significant moments, then this week was full of life. The longer I work in this role called "pastor," the more I am thankful for the moments of life that I get to participate in, and I think that makes me more aware of the moments I am privileged to be a part of in my every day, walking around, non-pastor life. Here are just a few:
- Two good friends-- tied together by common hearts and common passions-- are married.
- Drinking coffee with an old friend- a young lady once trapped in same sex attraction, now happily married and expecting her first child.
- Road trip- complete with walkie-talkies.
- Going to a CD release concert of a musician who was told three years ago by four doctors that she would never sing again. Hope grabbed her and it has now grabbed all those around her.
- Celebrating good job news with an NCCer.