Thursday, January 14, 2010

Prayers for Greatness

At the beginning of this year, I found myself whispering a prayer that kinda caught me by surprise. I said, "God, I don't want to do great things for you; I want you to be great in my life." That prayer gripped me, and I've found myself praying it every day.

Now, I certainly want to do great things for God. But it's not nearly as important as God being great in my life, and I want that to be my central pursuit.

Colossians 2 tells us: "He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy."

I pray that Christ would reign supreme in my life. When people look at me and my life, I don't want them to see great works. But the evidence of a Great God.

2 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger bignorm.net said...

Bravo, bravo!

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Pat said...

Amen, Pastor, Amen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home