Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sabbath Thoughts

I celebrated Sabbath yesterday-- a great mix of good breakfast with old friends, reading some books I've been looking forward to, going for a run on the elliptical, laughing at some good comedy, etc. Every Sabbath looks different for me, but I have two primary guidelines:

1. What fills my tank? (in other words, what places, people, or activities leave me feeling full and re-energized?)
2. What stirs my affections for Christ? (in other words, what places, people or activities make me love Jesus more?)

I heard a great quote by Rabbi Abraham Heschel on Sabbath: "A men who works with his hands will sabbath with his mind. A man who works with his mind will sabbath with his hands."

I thought that was a great framework for thinking about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home