Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Voices From the Sacred Roads

In the study Sacred Roads, I introduce readers to five discipleship trends- relational, experiential, intellectual, personal, and incarnational. While each seemed to play a dominant role in a specific period of time, all of them have been practiced throughout Biblical and church history.

Over the next few weeks, I want to introduce you to some individuals who characterized each of these types of discipleship. Some of them receive a brief mention in Sacred Roads, but I wanted you to know more about them.

They include the contemporary voice of Dawson Trotman, the church fathers Clement and Basil the Great, the artist Johann Sebastian Bach, and medieval mystic Thomas a Kempis. Join me over the next five weeks as we learn more about these voices from the Sacred Roads.

2 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Just wanted to let you know that Adam stole my copy of Sacred Roads to take back with him to Ethiopia. That makes me happy for him, but means that I need another copy - and a copy of Primal. I'll order them online, but would really love to have them signed. You know just so one day I can have signed copies of NCC staff books :) Do you mind sending them to me? Let me know how much and I'll send a check. LOVE YOU, MISS YOU, SO GRATEFUL FOR YOU AND NCC! Hugs.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

I'm IN Heather. I can't wait to read every word you post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home