Thursday, March 25, 2010

Two Hours

For the past two weeks, I've been declaring my need for 2 hours of alone time. I don't need much. In fact, I only need about a couple hours every six months. Or so I think.

I'm a big believer in Mark Batterson's formula Change of Pace + Change of Place = Change of Perspective. Jesus rose early in the morning and escaped into the wilderness to pray. Moses set up a tent for communion with God outside the camp. Sometimes, we need to remove ourselves from our environments of ministry in order to effectively do ministry. It's not really about alone time...it's about getting more God time.

We won't drift into it. We won't often find that the meetings on our calendar have miraculously parted to give us focused time. We've got to prioritize it. And we've got to crave it.

Random ramblings from the cubicle in the library where I am seeking a couple of days with God...

1 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

I tell you what Heather - I realized getting up at 5:15 am was NOT allowing me enough God time either! I decided I NEEDED more of Him! So, now I get up at 4:30 am so I can walk the dog, make the lunches, clean the dishes, check emails and THEN meet with Him for an hour. Working with kids, I have found that no matter what I read that week, it ALWAYS fits some way in the lesson! He ALWAYS uses everything! I made the decision to limit Facebook time, because no one in FB world can restore my soul (like HE can)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home