Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Who is Reading You?

Yesterday, I got to hang out with small group guru Rick Howerton for a few hours and pick his brain about life and ministry. One of the questions I always ask people is to name the 3 books that most impacted their life. Rick named a few books but said that relationships were much more transformational in his life than books. And proceeded to name people that had most influenced him.

It reminded me of what Paul wrote to the church at Corinth:
Clearly, you are a letter from Christ showing the result of our ministry among you. This “letter” is written not with pen and ink, but with the Spirit of the living God. It is carved not on tablets of stone, but on human hearts.
Someone is reading you. Who is it? And what are they reading? Are we letters from Christ that are worthy to be read? Are we living stories worthy of the calling of Christ?

Someone is reading you today...what are they learning?

1 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Ben Reed said...

Great thoughts, Heather. I love the idea of thinking through who I'm influencing, and taking seriously the voice that God has given me over those I'm leading.

Also, I've drunk the Rick Howerton Kool-Aid. He's a community groups rock star, isn't he?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home