Monday, June 25, 2007

On the Stage at New Amsterdam



I stood on a Broadway stage for the first time on Sunday evening- the New Amsterdam Theatre, home to Disney's and Cameron Mackintosh's Mary Poppins. I was tempted to belt a line or two from On My Own, but my deep respect for the ground on which I stood encouraged me to keep my mouth shut. I'm pretty sure Ryan did a little shuffle step while no one was watching.

Ryan and I headed up to see the show this weekend because my old theatre buddy Matt Loehr was performing the role of Bert. I came to know Matt first as the mischievous and pesky brother of my good friend Kira, and then watched him grow from a kid in a furry Wilbur costume to a talented teenager in community theatre to a leading man on Broadway. I'm so proud of this guy. He's a triple threat- actor, singer, dancer. And he can tap dance all the way around the proscenium. You'll have to see the show to completely understand.

2 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

That's so awesome! I got to go on the set of "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" back in....hmmmm.....1996! he he he! That's great for Matt!

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Mary Abigail said...

I was just wondering the other day what Matt was up to. Fabulous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home