Thursday, November 29, 2007

Kids Dance Recital

I love the way our small groups are set up to help people get a vision from God and run with it. A few semesters ago, a leader approached me with a gift and passion for dance and a love for kids. She coupled that love for dance and kids to create an after school dance class for kids. She's using her gifts to help build community and make disciples of the next generation.

I just found out they are going to have a dance recital in a couple weeks. I'm so excited about the creativity and initiative of our leaders.

By the way, this also hits two of my passion areas-- helping people be disciples and make disciples and helping artists find their platform in the church.

2 Comments:

At 10:57 PM, Blogger "My lack of ethnocentricity denies my ethnicity." said...

Hey Heather--completely off topic here, but I needed to get some info. I'm a pastor out here on the other coast (originally from near DC though, so I love hearing about what you guys are doing!). Recently we developed the curriculum for one of our core discipleship classes and I added the teaching you guys did on zonegathering for the Fruit of the Spirit. I'd like to make sure it's properly credited in the teaching notebook. Could you send me the info for the person who originally wrote the series? I didn't think "Sarah O." really did her justice. :o) Thanks!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Heather Z said...

Hey Kathy-

That would be Sarah Owen. She's one of our best teachers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home