Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Twelve Things You Should Never Say to a Baptist

Thanks for Perry Noble for this great list! I'm a Baptist girl at heart, and I love it. By the way, if you are looking for a good blog to read, Perry's is a great blog to check out. It's on my once-a-day reading list. I love his heart for God and passion for seeing people come to Christ. It's contagious.

Twelve Things You Should Never Say to a Baptist

#12 - Lottie who?

#11 - What is a covered dish and why must everyone who gets sick in our church have to have some sort of casserole?

#10 - I love it when my wife has her own opinion!

#9 - For God so loved the world that He did not send a COMMITTEE!

#8 - “Were either going to Disney or Vegas for vacation this year…”

#7 - SHE did an incredible job with the message today.

#6 - Why do you keep calling me “brother?”

#5 - “Got a light?” Unless, of course, you are a deacon…then this is a perfectly valid question.

#4 - Can we please sing the third verse!!!

#3 - Hold my beer.

#2 - May I have this dance?

#1 - Ante up!

4 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger Patrick Sievert said...

Just remember, Baptists in Oklahoma don't believe in premarital sex because it might lead to dancing.

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Patrick Sievert said...

or...

Why do you always take two Baptists when you go fishing?

Because if you just take one he'll drink all your beer.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You forgot to mention that we are also as hung up on alphabet soup as the federal government is: SBC, NAMB, IMB, GGBTS...didn't is see the CIA in there somewhere?

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Heather Z said...

LOL! These are all great. And I think I know most of the acronyms:

Southern Baptist Convention, North American Mission Board, International Mission Board, and Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary? Is that right.

Now, I am in the A/G, and we have lots of acronyms as well. And of course, if the acronym doesn't exist, we can always resort to speaking in tongues. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home