Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Long Beach Reflections

I'm sitting in the Long Beach airport to head back to DC, and I wanted to capture a few reflections from my conversations and experiences with the group life leaders gathering this weekend:
  • I'm as convinced as I've ever been that groups are the best environment for community, life change, discipleship, and leadership development to happen.
  • Creativity is hard work; I need to carve out time in my schedule to let that happen.
  • My greatest priority as a leader is personal spiritual growth. I want to explore the idea of getting a spiritual director.
  • The growth of my leaders at NCC and the growth of the congregation at NCC requires me to lead at a higher level. I want to explore the idea of getting a coach.
  • I'm looking forward to reading Bill Search's book Simple Small Groups. It's coming out in September.
  • The Willow Group Life Conference is going to be awesome this year! Especially Main Session 2. :)
  • I want to explore the possibility of creating a regional network of small group pastors to exchange ideas, encourage one another.
  • I'm really intrigued by the idea of family discipleship. How can we equip and resource families to disciple their kids? I met a couple people this weekend who are passionate about that, as well, and I'd love to be involved in developing resources for that.
  • Films are a great way to spark spiritual conversations. Let's stop telling silly, predictable stories and dive into messy reality. I want to explore DVD curriculum that is fresh and relevant.
  • I want to connect more with leaders who stretch me, challenge me, frustrate me, disagree with me, and inspire me.
  • Leaving Long Beach is dumb. It's so warm here!
I'm sure I'll have more reflections later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home