Monday, June 16, 2008

Fireside Chat with Fathers of the Faith

Dave Buehring's picture is probably posted in the dictionary under the word "pastor." He's one of the most encouraging, prayerful, and caring people I've ever met. I met him during my Nashville days at Belmont Church, but he didn't stop being a pastoral voice in my life after I moved to DC. For as long as I've known Dave, he's had a heart for connecting the generations so that the ways of God and leadership wisdom can be passed from one generation to the next. I'm so excited to see these dreams becoming reality, and I feel blessed to get to participate in it.

This weekend, I'm attending the Fireside Chat with Fathers of the Faith event at Billy Graham's training center at The Cove in Asheville, NC. This event is designed to get some of the fathers in the faith into the same room with emerging leaders and let the fathers download their wisdom and experience. Dave has assembled a rock star team of "fathers," including Jack Hayford, Lloyd Ogilvie, Winkie Pratney, Robert Schuller, Loren Cunningham, and John Perkins.

If I can connect to wireless, I'll be live-blogging from the event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home