Friday, February 06, 2009

Leaders I Like- Jon Vaughan


I love people who love people. And I love people who love launching people into their God-given gifts and callings. Jon Vaughan is one of those people.

I honestly don't remember when or how I met Jon, but he's been a great friend to Ryan and me and a valuable member of the NCC leadership team for a few years. He has led core discipleship groups like Alpha and Holy Spirit Encounter. His most recent vision revolves around our ministry to the deaf and hearing impaired community in Washington, DC. Together with Jason and Shelly Yost, Jon is working hard to create a welcoming environment at our weekend services, in Alpha, and in small groups. He is encouraging leaders to step up, resulting in our first-ever NCC small group for the deaf community.

On a personal level, I like Jon because he's one of those people that makes me happy to do my job. It's impossible to leave a conversation with Jon without feeling encouraged and excited about what God might do. He has big vision but works quietly and prayerfully behind the scenes to make it happen. Every church needs a Jon Vaughan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home