Friday, May 14, 2010

Pilgrimage to West Virginia

I'm leading the Sacred Roads Retreat this weekend. And also going on a personal pilgrimage of sorts. We decided to keep the participation small and head to Mt. Zion Retreat Center in Harpers Ferry, WV. In Fall of 1999, I led my first real retreat there. While I had spoken are events and led campus ministries, that retreat was the first time I felt like I was doing ministry "for real." Or maybe it was just the first time I received an honorarium and that somehow made it feel real. I invested that check in a couple of additions to my small library: Grudem's Systematic Theology and an anthology of sermons.

At that retreat, I had no idea the circuitous path God would take me in the next ten years. I'm excited to get back there this weekend and look forward to the next ten crazy years of chasing after God.

1 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger Cindy Heyd said...

Thanks, Heather! You made my first retreat really memorable, interesting and enlightening. I can't tell you how much I enjoy hearing your perspectives and I look forward to many more conversations. Also want to say how much I enjoyed meeting everyone at the retreat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home