Fireside Chat: Audience Reflections
We kicked off this morning sharing "what we are hearing" from the audience perspective. I posted my reflections last night; here are some of the things the larger group shared:
- Their prayer lives are not so much about scheduled time every day, but a lifetime of walking with him. It's not about a prayer pattern or schedule, it's about a relationship.
- The importance of families and spouses in their lives.
- We are hearing their secrets of finishing well.
- Part of their finishing well is that they have no intention of finishing.
- They are hesitant in giving answers. They wanted us to get their process and not just a program.
- They don't have it figured out. They are passionately pursuing Christ, depending on him for the next step, the next breath, the next answer.
- They don't have pat answers. They are not coming from a place of knowing it all. They lean into and respond to one another. They aren't sharing dogma. They are always learning.
- We listened to them talk for a couple of hours, and they never interrupted one another.
- They have a compulsion to love and bless people.
- Despite the fact that they are so successful, they have an outward focus towards others. They don't live in isolation.
- There is always a new facet of God for us to see.
- It's not about a strategy; it's about following the command of Jesus to love.