Monday, June 16, 2008

Fireside Chat: Hospitality at the Cove

Wow, the hospitality at The Cove is unbelievable! I feel like I'm living in the middle of all that stuff I blogged about radical hospitality earlier this year on zonegathering. I'm assuming a lot of the folks serving us here are volunteers or serve in some kind of part-time capacity, but they do their jobs with so much energetic and aggressive welcome and love. It's awesome. Just little stuff-- like our table server June who brought dessert from the buffet line to our table when it was announced that dinner was closing and the session would begin in 5 minutes. This is a monastic environment, and I'm feeling so blessed by the staff. They've made me feel like they've been preparing for my arrival.

I wonder if people ever feel like that when they walk into our weekend gatherings. Does anyone ever feel like we've been preparing for them?

1 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. This needs to be one of our prayer team prayers: Lord let them feel we prepared for them to come. I love this. Heidi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home