Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Fireside Chat: Final Thoughts

I think it's safe to say that I'll be unpacking the Fireside Chat with the Fathers of the Faith event for a long time. Maybe even my whole life.

Some of the things that really stuck out to me were the humility of these men and their strong affirmation of one another.

I was encouraged by their enthusiasm for my generation.

I was challenged to spend more time putting down roots than looking for my ministry fruit at this point in my life-- it's more important now to build character, invest in relationships, and learn the ways of God than to hit the speakers circuit, write books, and count how many small groups I lead.

I desire the relationship with Jesus that these men have.

I feel a new weight of responsibility when it comes to how I prepare to preach-- but it's not a weight of burden, it's a weight of freedom. Not sure how that works, but I guess it has something to do with what Jesus said about his yoke being easy.

I feel more strongly than ever that the best investments we can make are in people.

I recognize that what I need more than anything is a fresh vision and revelation of Christ. Not a vision or revelation from him...but a fresh vision and revelation of him.

Lionshare Leadership Group will be turning the event into a DVD small group curriculum. I'd encourage you to consider leading a group through it at your church. Great way to do some distance mentoring.

Here are links to all of the Fireside Chat posts:

Fireside Chat with Fathers of the Faith

Hospitality at the Cove
Monday Night Sessions
Audience Reflections
Winkie Pratney on Chemistry
Tuesday Morning Session
One Hour for One Minute
What's On Your Bucket List?
Tuesday Night Session
Good Stuff From Ogilvie
Winkie Pratney Session
Dave Buehring Session



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home